17 May, 2014
MPS ANNUAL SEMINAR AND AGM 2014
This year MPS Annual Seminar is set to be another record, not only in terms of the number of participants but also on the lecture topics, speakers and exhibition booths and as well for the Conference dinner.
The topic on Medication Safety with specially invited speakers from the US, Saudi Arabia, a dedicated advocate of Social Pharmacy from USM, and also a Director of Hospital all adds up to give a program not to be missed.
There are also topics on therapeutics guidelines as well as a topic on the understanding of generic assurance program as well as a topic on CPG Guideline.
An equally not-to-be-missed program will be one on the Forum on Community Pharmacy Issues. Good Dispensing Practice is presented as well as a review of legislation affecting community pharmacy. The soon-to-be-introduced BLESS will be showcase for the first time to the participants attending the seminar and a special exhibition booth is allocated to this project for hands-on experience.
What may possibly be the top of all the program is Panel Discussion on Issues on Pharmaceutical Pricing Discrimination. Here members are strongly advised to come prepared to give their views as well as TO PROVIDE CONSTRUCTIVE SUGGESTIONS to overcome the issue.
A close-to-the-heart topic of all pharmacists is the dispensing separation and an afternoon session is dedicated to it to discuss on strategies.
Another possibly THE top of the weekend program will be the MPS AGM and biennale Election where members will have the opportunity to chose the next set of council members, or chose to re-elect the present council for another term of office. This is happening on 24th May from 2.30pm
Do not be miss out. Registration is still open even though the number of registered participants now is beyond 500. The hotel chosen is able to accommodate all of you who are willing to spend the 3 days from 23rd – 25th May with the MPS.
MPS AGM : 24TH MAY 2014
This is a reminder that the MPS 47th Annual General Meeting shall take place on24th May 2014 at 2.30pm in Hotel Istana, Kuala Lumpur. All members are invited to attend.
This is an election year and 14 council members are due for election. Do not forget to send in your ballot paper to vote for your council member for the next term, be it a new set, or re-election of existing council. There are a total of 20 candidates vying for the 14 seats. Out of the 20, there are 10 new faces who would like to come forward to shoulder the responsibility to bring the Society forward for the next 2 years. So support your candidate with your votes.
While we are voting for next council members, please take note the advice from MPS Honorary General Legal Advisor
Election of Malaysian Pharmaceutical Society
The 47th Annual General Meeting is scheduled to be held on 24th May 2014. As General Legal Counsel of the Society, I am certain that all meeting procedures will be conducted in an orderly manner as befitting a Professional Body. As A Body that is 47th years old, it has seen much growth in membership strength and quality of members. An Annual General Meeting will be an opportunity for members to receive the Report Card of the Council and to elect the new Council. I’m made to understand that many nominations have been received vying the 14 posts in the Council. The Ballot papers have been sent out for members to cast their votes until 5pm on 22nd May 2014. Vote wisely because Malaysian Pharmaceutical Society is made up of members who are well-respected and the incoming Council members will need to lead the Society to the next level of growth. All those who offer to serve in the Council must be appreciated by members who will accord them their utmost support. Kindly have a good healthy democratic election and voting should be done without casting any unhealthy remarks on any candidate or member nominated in any form of media in order for all members to vote with utmost professional decorum.
Wish all the best to all the candidates standing for the election.
Dato’ Dr Manjit Singh Sachdev.
General Legal Counsel
MPS IS HIRING – HEAD OF CPD
Malaysian Pharmaceutical Societyis the only professional Society for the Pharmacists. Delivering Continuing Professional Development (CPD), in an appropriate and timely manner, to members is one of the important roles of the Society.
CPD encompasses participation by members through web-learning, workshops, congresses, seminars or contribution towards pharmacy education and development by delivering lectures to professional bodies, trade associations or public.
We are inviting qualified candidate to be the Head of CPD Program. Attractive remuneration and benefits will be offered to the right candidate.
>>> For more information of the position and application
GOOD PHARMACY PRACTICE (GPP) INTERNATIONAL TRAINING PROGRAMME TRAVEL GRANT SCHOLARSHIP
The Pharmaceutical Society of Taiwan is offering Travel Scholarship for cutting edge international Good Pharmacy Practice (GPP) Training Programme for pharmacists around Asia. The aim is to strengthen international collaboration, and share own experience in pursuing higher standard of quality pharmaceutical services among Asian colleagues.
The pharmacists targeted are those from professional pharmacy organizations, especially from developing countries as listed in this document below.
Travel Grant Scholarships will reimburse each awardee’s full round-trip airfare. The total travel grant for each awardee is counted as USD$1,000 at least.
For detail information, please like to: http://apro.ipsf.org/gpped (different registration pathway)
Timeline: The application deadline is set on May 23th (Friday). The announcing of selected awardees is schedule on May 26rd (Friday).
The applicant should apply on-line no later than May 23rd and the online application site is http://goo.gl/YkHdFa
- Pharmacist/ Penang/ Penang Adventist Hospital/ [email protected]
- Assistant or Associate Professor/ School of Pharmacy, University of Nottingham/ Pn Salma Abd Kadir: 03-89248201/ [email protected]
- Retail Pharmacists or Business Partners needed/ Klang Valley/ Axiana Pharmacy/ Mr. Chin: 017-3325855/ [email protected]
- Retail Pharmacist/ Farmasi Goodmedic/ Mr. Siah: 03-91333395, 012-3388152
- Retail Pharmacist/ Johor Bahru, Johor/ IJ Pharmacy (M) Sdn Bhd/ Ms Chang: 07-3552878
- Retail Pharmacist/ Klang, Petaling Jaya & Shah Alam/ Mr Vinaybalaji: 014-2273072/ [email protected]
- Retail Pharmacist/ Ampang/ Farmasi Ampang/ Winston Chiu: 012-2073788/ [email protected].com
- Retail Pharmacist/ Klang Valley/ Constant Pharmacy/ Mr Loh – [email protected]
- Retail Pharmacist/ Batu Pahat, Yong Peng, Muar, Parit Raja, & Rengit/ Farmasi Murni Marketing Sdn. Bhd. / Mr. Liew: 012-7777023/ [email protected]
- Retail Pharmacist/ Melaka/ Home-Care Pharmacy Sdn Bhd/ Mr. Koo: 0126838633 @ 0162368110/ [email protected]
- Retail Pharmacist/ Klang Valley/ Materia Medica Pharmacy/ Mr Saiful Islam Yusoff : 013 628 0139/ Pn Puteri Nurulain Salleh: 03 6038 1810/ [email protected]
- Production Pharmacist/ Melaka/ Xepa-Soul Pattinson (M) Sdn Bhd/ Human Resource Department: 06-3351515/ [email protected]
- Retail Pharmacist/ Ipoh/ Globe Pharmacy/ Mr. Rajiv: 016-2603444, Mr. Sim: 012-5576812/ [email protected]
- Clinical Informaticist (Pharmacy)/ Kuala Lumpur/ Pantai Holdings BHD/ [email protected]
- Pharmacist/ Petaling Jaya, Selangor/ Tropicana Medical Centre (M) Sdn Bhd/ Mr Shazli Sallehudin: 603-62871196/ [email protected]
- Retail Pharmacist/ Watson’s Personal Care Stores Sdn Bhd/ HR Department: 03-21432386/ [email protected]