23 May, 2014
MESSAGE FROM THE PRESIDENT
Welcome to the capital city, Kuala Lumpur!
We thank the members and Pharmacists who spare the time to attend the 47th MPS Seminar 2014 and Annual Dinner. The theme of the Seminar is on the important topics of “Medication Safety – The Pharmacist Concern and Challenges of Pharmacy”. Several papers will be presented by both foreign and local notable speakers. All the topics are interesting and relevant for Pharmacy Practice.
On Sunday, there will be several sessions concerning a wide range of topics. Of special mention is a panel discussion on the “Issues on Pharmaceutical Pricing Discrimination”. This promises to provide an insight into the situation as the distinguished speakers share their experiences. In the afternoon, there will be another high-powered Panel Discussion on “Dispensing Separation Strategies”. Much ground work has been done on these two special panel discussion and we look forward to the lively discussion.
The 47th Annual Dinner will provide a time for guests for relax and interact with each other over the dinner tables. The theme of the Evening is “Asian Fest“ and guests are requested to don traditional costumes of Asia and let their hair down. This is specially designed as we gear-up to attend the 25th Federation of Asian Pharmaceutical Associations (FAPA) Congress 2014 from 9 – 12 October 2014. The early bird registration for the Congress at Malaysian Ringgit RM1,050.00 will close by 31-5-2014. Hence, please put pen to paper and register on line to avoid disappointment.
The highlight of this weekend will be the 47th Annual General Meeting when members will gather to receive the Report Cards of the Council and its various areas committees and Chapters. An election will be held where 14 Council Members will be elected into office. The Malaysian Pharmaceutical Society has grown thanks to the support of many members out there. The kitty has become stronger and the Malaysian Pharmaceutical Society can look forward to better times ahead. We are proud of our members working hard and excelling in different arenas. Let us continue to enhance each other with mutual-respect and look positively to build a stronger Society.
Thank you for doing us proud and we continue to look to the future with enthusiasm and hope. May the positive energy empower us to construct a bigger and stronger Society.
Yours in MPS
(Datuk Nancy Ho)
MPS AGM 2014
If you have not yet cast your vote to bring in the team of Council Members for the next term, tomorrow is the last day to do so. But do not post it anymore as it will not be received in time. Instead you have to come to the venue of the AGM tomorrow (Grand Mahkota Ballroom, Hotel Istana, Kuala Lumpur) to drop your sealed envelope at the Ballot box by 2.30pm before the announcement to close the balloting.
Just a reminder that the MPS 47th Annual General Meeting shall take place on24th May 2014 at 2.30pm in Hotel Istana, Kuala Lumpur. All members are invited to attend.
While voting for next council members, please take note the advice from MPS Honorary General Legal Advisor
ADVICE FROM THE MPS HONORARY GENERAL LEGAL ADVISOR:
The 47th Annual General Meeting is scheduled to be held on 24th May 2014. As General Legal Counsel of the Society, I am certain that all meeting procedures will be conducted in an orderly manner as befitting a Professional Body. As A Body that is 47th years old, it has seen much growth in membership strength and quality of members. An Annual General Meeting will be an opportunity for members to receive the Report Card of the Council and to elect the new Council. I’m made to understand that many nominations have been received vying the 14 posts in the Council. The Ballot papers have been sent out for members to cast their votes until 5pm on 22nd May 2014. Vote wisely because Malaysian Pharmaceutical Society is made up of members who are well-respected and the incoming Council members will need to lead the Society to the next level of growth. All those who offer to serve in the Council must be appreciated by members who will accord them their utmost support. Kindly have a good healthy democratic election and voting should be done without casting any unhealthy remarks on any candidate or member nominated in any form of media in order for all members to vote with utmost professional decorum.
Wish all the best to all the candidates standing for the election.
Dato’ Dr Manjit Singh Sachdev.
General Legal Counsel
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: WELCOME TO THE FORUM DURING MPS ANNUAL SEMINAR
Please note that on 25th May 2014, there will be 2 Forum on Challenges for Pharmacy.
Issues on Pharmaceutical Pricing
Dispensing Separation Implementation
|Here members are strongly advised to come prepared to give their views as well as TO PROVIDE CONSTRUCTIVE SUGGESTIONS to overcome the issue
||A 14-point strategy will be presented for discussion and feedback. Do come to give your views|
|Date: 25th May 2014
Time: 11.00am – 1.00pm
Venue: Mahkota Ballroom, Hotel Istana, Kuala Lumpur
|Date: 25th May 2014
Time: 2pm – 4pm
Venue: Mahkota Ballroom, Hotel Istana, Kuala Lumpur
|The objective is to achieve dispensing separation in tandem with the implementation of GST with a target date of 1st April 2015|
If you have not yet register, you may do so on-site.
MPS ANNUAL SEMINAR 2014
The Annual Seminar will start this afternoon with topics on therapeutic guidelines.
Tomorrow topic highlight will be on Medication Safety with specially invited speakers from the US, Saudi Arabia, a dedicated advocate of Social Pharmacy from USM, and also a Director of Hospital
For Sunday the focus will be on Challenges for Pharmacy with 2 Forum for feedback for Pricing as well as Dispensing Separation.
The soon-to-be-introduced BLESS will be showcase for the first time to the participants attending the Seminar.
MPS IS HIRING – HEAD OF CPD
Malaysian Pharmaceutical Societyis the only professional Society for the Pharmacists. Delivering Continuing Professional Development (CPD), in an appropriate and timely manner, to members is one of the important roles of the Society.
CPD encompasses participation by members through web-learning, workshops, congresses, seminars or contribution towards pharmacy education and development by delivering lectures to professional bodies, trade associations or public.
We are inviting qualified candidate to be the Head of CPD Program. Attractive remuneration and benefits will be offered to the right candidate.
- Production Pharmacist and R&D Pharmacist/ Terengganu/ Xorix Sdn Bhd/ [email protected]
- Retail Pharmacists/ Bangi, KLIA2, Bandar Baru Salak Tinggi/ Kell: 013-3333673, Firdaus: 013-3333663/ [email protected]
- Pharmacist/ Penang/ Penang Adventist Hospital/ [email protected]
- Assistant or Associate Professor/ School of Pharmacy, University of Nottingham/ Pn Salma Abd Kadir: 03-89248201/ [email protected]
- Retail Pharmacists or Business Partners needed/ Klang Valley/ Axiana Pharmacy/ Mr. Chin: 017-3325855/ [email protected]
- Retail Pharmacist/ Farmasi Goodmedic/ Mr. Siah: 03-91333395, 012-3388152
- Retail Pharmacist/ Johor Bahru, Johor/ IJ Pharmacy (M) Sdn Bhd/ Ms Chang: 07-3552878
- Retail Pharmacist/ Klang, Petaling Jaya & Shah Alam/ Mr Vinaybalaji: 014-2273072/ [email protected]
- Retail Pharmacist/ Ampang/ Farmasi Ampang/ Winston Chiu: 012-2073788/ [email protected]
- Retail Pharmacist/ Klang Valley/ Constant Pharmacy/ Mr Loh – [email protected]
- Retail Pharmacist/ Batu Pahat, Yong Peng, Muar, Parit Raja, & Rengit/ Farmasi Murni Marketing Sdn. Bhd. / Mr. Liew: 012-7777023/ [email protected]
- Retail Pharmacist/ Melaka/ Home-Care Pharmacy Sdn Bhd/ Mr. Koo: 0126838633 @ 0162368110/ [email protected]
- Retail Pharmacist/ Klang Valley/ Materia Medica Pharmacy/ Mr Saiful Islam Yusoff : 013 628 0139/ Pn Puteri Nurulain Salleh: 03 6038 1810/ [email protected]
- Production Pharmacist/ Melaka/ Xepa-Soul Pattinson (M) Sdn Bhd/ Human Resource Department: 06-3351515/ [email protected]
- Retail Pharmacist/ Ipoh/ Globe Pharmacy/ Mr. Rajiv: 016-2603444, Mr. Sim: 012-5576812/ [email protected]
- Clinical Informaticist (Pharmacy)/ Kuala Lumpur/ Pantai Holdings BHD/ [email protected]
- Pharmacist/ Petaling Jaya, Selangor/ Tropicana Medical Centre (M) Sdn Bhd/ Mr Shazli Sallehudin: 603-62871196/ [email protected]
- Retail Pharmacist/ Watson’s Personal Care Stores Sdn Bhd/ HR Department: 03-21432386/ [email protected]